One of the biggest benefits of using the Event Module is the ability to view exactly how your Event invitees have responded. Once you’ve sent your invite, you can easily view how many people have accepted, declined or not yet responded. This allows you to send follow-up communications to invitees based on their response, increasing the relevance of your event communications without adding to the inbox of those invitees not affected.
For example, you can:
- Resend an Event Invite to all invitees who have not yet responded (ensuring that you don’t clutter the inbox of those that have already responded).
- Send follow-ups or important updates on the event to all those who have accepted.
- Send recordings or pictures from the event to those who declined and were not able to attend in person.
An event follow up email is a reminder email or update that you can use to target a specific group of employees that were invited to an event i.e. to All Invitees, or those that Did not reply, Accepted, are Awaiting registration or Declined your original invitation. Use the instructions below to send an Event Follow-up.
To Send an Event Follow-up Email:
- From the Home area, locate your Event and under the Actions drop-down, click ‘Follow-up’.
Note: Alternatively, from the Event Dashboard or Event Edit Screen, click ‘Follow Up’.
- Enter a Follow Up Title and click ‘Save & Edit’.
Note: You can add optional planned send details. This will give other users in your account insight into when you’re planning to send.
- When you’re ready to send, under the Send drop-down, click ‘Approve and Send’.
Note: We recommend sending a Quick Test before you complete a live send.
- In Step 1 of the Send Wizard, choose the Subscribers you’d like to send to based on their Event Response.
Note: You can choose to send your follow up to Subscribers who Accepted, Declined, Did not Reply, Awaiting Registration or All Invitees.
- Complete the Send process as normal to finish sending your Event Follow Up.