You may receive requests to remove a contact, or perhaps you’re completing a data cleanup. You can Remove People in Newsweaver or remove People in bulk using one of the methods below.
Note: To clean up your data, you should run a Metric Search to find people that have not opened at least 1 email in the last 12 emails (depending on frequency of sends), then Tag the people to find them later.
To Remove People in Bulk using a Search:
- Run a Search to target the People you’d like to deactivate.
- When viewing your list of People, use the check boxes to choose those you’d like to remove, then click Fields.
- Choose the field Status and set it to Inactive, then click Save.
- The People will be removed and will no longer appear in your search results.
Note: You can Reactivate People after they’ve been removed.
To Remove People in Bulk using an Import:
- Prepare the spreadsheet containing the People you’d like to remove.
Note: To remove a person you will need their Email Address, the Status and the Inactive Reason, as above.
- Manually Import in Bulk.
- After a successful update, the People will be inactive.