If you use Salesforce as your CRM system, we recommend the your Salesforce Administrator completes the steps to link your Salesforce account with your Newsweaver account. This integration allows you to enable two features:
- Importing Contacts from Salesforce into Newsweaver.
- Sync Salesforce and Newsweaver Accounts. Syncing of reporting information from Newsweaver back to Salesforce. This allows your Salesforce users to see the number of clicks and opens of any emails that have been sent from Newsweaver.
To Link your Newsweaver and Salesforce Accounts:
- In the Home Menu, click on the ‘Admin’ drop-down and select ‘Account Settings’.
- From the Account Settings menu, click ‘Account Settings’.
- On the right of the page, under 3rd Party / External Applications, check the Salesforce Plugin Available checkbox.
- Click ‘Save’ to update your Account Settings.
- Next, click on the ‘Subscribers’ drop-down and select ‘Overview’.
- Click the ‘Link your Salesforce account’ on the right hand side of the screen.
Note: This button is not available until you complete Step 3.
- The onscreen instructions will take you step by step through the process:
- First, you’ll need to install the Newsweaver Package into your salesforce account (we recommend that this is done by your Salesforce Administrator). The onscreen instructions will show you how to check whether the package has already been installed.
- Next, click Link to Salesforce to authorise Newsweaver to access your Salesforce account (you’ll be redirected to Salesforce where you must login in and approve the connection to Newsweaver).
- Once you approve this connection you’ll be returned to your Newsweaver account.
- This step must be performed by each user on the Newsweaver account who wishes to use the Import from Salesforce feature.
- Once you’ve successfully linked your accounts, the Import from Salesforce button will be visible on the Subscribers > Overview screen (allowing you to import contacts directly from Salesforce).
- To ensure all email activity associated with your contacts and leads is tracked within your Salesforce account, your Salesforce Administrator must enable the Salesforce Sync from your Newsweaver account. To select Salesforce Sync go to Account Settings under the Admin drop-down (for more info, see Sync Salesforce and Newsweaver Accounts)
- Newsweaver has restricted access to your data (Contacts, Leads and Campaigns and Newsweaver custom objects).
- Newsweaver will only read your existing data, it will not alter it.
- Newsweaver will create Newsweaver Activity custom objects in your account.
- Newsweaver uses Salesforce approved OAuth open protocol to connect the systems. The OAuth authorisation process provides Newsweaver with a special Token that is used to access your account. As a result Newsweaver never knows or stores your Salesforce username and password.
- The link between Newsweaver and Salesforce can be removed at any time by deleting the OAuth Token in Newsweaver (under your personal profile settings) or by revoking the Token from within Salesforce.
- If you change your Salesforce password you do not need to re-enter your password in Newsweaver.
Common Issues that may result in an error when setting up the link to Salesforce:
- Is the Newsweaver Package installed in your Salesforce account?
- Your user profile in Salesforce must have the “API Enabled” option set. Please check with your Salesforce account administrator about this.
- Some versions (including trial accounts) in Salesforce do not have API access. See the full feature list for your account type to determine if this is available for your company.
- If your organisation restricts access by IP address you must add Newsweaver’s IP addresses to this range. Contact our support team for a list of our IP addresses.
- You or your Salesforce Administrator may have deleted or revoked your Salesforce Token. As a last resort, visit your user profile and delete the token, then re-link your Newsweaver and Salesforce account.