If you use Salesforce as your CRM system, you can use Newsweaver’s Salesforce integration to import Salesforce contacts directly into Newsweaver as subscribers. This allows you to pull subscriber data directly from a campaign in Salesforce straight into the Newsweaver system.
If you want to enable this feature, you will need to link Newsweaver with your Salesforce Account.
To Import Subscribers from Salesforce:
- Once enabled, click on the Subscribers drop-down and select Overview.
- Click Import from Salesforce.
- The page will update to display all available campaigns within your Salesforce account (campaigns without any contacts or leads associated with them will not be displayed).
- Select the campaign you want to import contacts/leads from and click Next in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- A progress bar will appear. Once this reaches 100%, click Next in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- The Import Mapping screen will open:
- On the left you’ll see all available Salesforce Fields.
- On the right you can specify which subscriber field within Newsweaver you wish to map each field to.Note: If you have custom fields within Salesforce this information can also be imported. Please note that you may need to create a custom field within Newsweaver before the import to hold this information. For more information on creating custom fields within Newsweaver see Create Custom Subscriber Data Fields.
- Once you’ve finished mapping your Salesforce data to Newsweaver data fields, click Next.
- You’ll be asked to apply a tag (or an audience if applicable) to the contacts you are importing.
- Once you’re done, click Import Now.
- Once the import has completed the import summary screen will appear, showing you how many new subscribers were added and how many existing subscribers were updated
Note: If you’re importing a large number of contacts, the import process may take a few minutes to complete. Once you’ve clicked the Import Now button and the import has started, you do not need to stay on the page and wait for the import to finish. You can navigate away from the page, or log out of your account and come back later when the import has completed.