In Newsweaver, the contacts that you send communications to are called Subscribers. Data about these subscribers (e.g. their first name, surname or location) are stored in what’s known as ‘Fields’.
You can import Subscribers via individual email addresses or import your Subscribers in bulk using the instructions below.
To Manually Import using a Spreadsheet/File:
Using this method allows you to upload a file(.txt, .csv, .tab, .xls, .xlsx) containing your Subscriber data. If the file contains more than just email addresses, Newsweaver will attempt to map the information contained in each column to Subscriber Data Fields within Newsweaver. You can also use this method to update your Subscribers.
- Prepare your file, as below. (You can use Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, then Save As/Download as .csv file.)
Note : When you upload the file, the system will recognise any column titles that matches Field names within Newsweaver and automatically map the columns in your file, to the Subscriber Attribute in Newsweaver.
- Navigate to the ‘Subscribers’ drop-down, and click ‘Import Subscribers’.
- Click ‘Choose File’ and upload your file. Then, click ‘Next’.
Note: Use the Advanced Settings checkboxes when Reactivating your Subscribers.
- When uploading your file, Newsweaver will automatically map columns that exist in Newsweaver. (Using the file prepared in Step 1 as an example, Newsweaver automatically maps the fields as they exist in Newsweaver by default.)
Note: If the first row of your file contains the title of each column, check Skip First Row to remove this data from your import.
- When satisfied with your mapping, click ‘Next’.
- Set you Fields and Tags information.
- Fields: Allows you to choose and define a specific field (City, for example), for all Subscribers in this import.
- Tags: Allows you to create a new Tag, or add a Tag to all of the subscribers being imported. Tags can then be used during the Send process to send targeted communications to that group of subscribers only.
- Click ‘Import Now’ to complete the import of your Subscribers, you can verify this on the final screen or by going to Overview in the Subscriber drop-down.
Note: It’s important to view the results of an import to ensure that all subscribers were imported/updated as planned (those not imported may be missing an email address).