Within Newsweaver, the contacts that you send communications to are called People. Data about these People (e.g. their first name, surname or country) are stored in Newsweaver in what’s known as Fields.
Manually Importing People data into your account allows you to manage your contacts. You can import people in bulk using a spreadsheet file or to import people via individual email addresses, use the instructions below.
To Manually Import People:
- Navigate to the People tab and click Import People.
- Type in your email addresses in the box provided.
Note: Use the Advanced Settings checkboxes when Reactivating your People.
- Set your Fields and Tags.
- Fields: Allows you to choose and define a specific field (City, for example) or custom fields, for all People in the import.
- Tags: Allows you to create a new Tag, or add a Tag to all of the People being imported. Tags can then be used during the Send process to send targeted communications to that group of People only .
- Click Import Now to complete the import of your People. You can verify your import on the final screen or by clicking People Overview.
Note: It’s important to view the results of an import to ensure that all people were imported/updated as planned.