Newsweaver’s Event Module allows you to create and send Event Invitations to your customers. You can then use our powerful metrics to track responses – as well as target follow-up invitations to invitees based on their response (for instance, sending reminders to those who haven’t opened the original invite).
To Create an Event Invitation:
- From the Home Screen, click ‘New Email’ on the top right.
Note: This button can also be found in the Campaigns Screen, or the Email edit screen.
- Select the Event Invitation email type and click ‘Next’.
- Choose an Event Type and an Event Name.
- Enter the Organiser’s Name, Organiser’s Email and your Invitation Text. (These will appear on your invitation.)
Note: The Invitation Text field will only appear once you’ve chose an Event Type.
- Complete the Event Details; including the Start and End date, the Time Zone of the location where the event is being hosted and the physical Location/Venue if required. Then, click ‘Next’.
Note: The options will change slightly depending on the Event Type chosen. Above, a location can be specified for the Conference type event. Options to add joining details will appear for a Webinar type event.
- This provides your invitees with the option to choose the location or date that best suits your Subscribers.
- Invitees will only be able to select one event to attend.
- Choose your RSVP Options. These include requiring responses from invitees and requiring registration. Then, click ‘Next’.
Note: Check the Registration Form checkbox to include a Registration form in your invite. You can also Add an Event to your Intranet when it’s set to public.
- Choose your Campaign Settings.
- Campaign Name – Event Name, set in Step 3.
- Opt-In Campaign – Gives customers the choice to opt-out of receiving emails sent from this Campaign (for example, you might select this option if you are sending regular invites from a particular area of the business).
- Choose your Default Sender Details and Email Send Details. The, click ‘Next’.
- Default Sender Details – For the Campaign (these can be edited when sending your email).
- Email Send Details – Enter the intended audience and the date you plan to send. This information is used to populate your account calendar so that other users can see when communications are going out (these details can be changed at any time).
- Choose a Template for your Event Invitation. Choose from Previous Emails, Custom Templates or the Template Library.
Note: You can choose a template from your (depending on your account/template set-up, not all options may be available on all emails).
- Click Save & Edit to finish the process. Your Event Invite will then be created. You can edit any section at any time before sending this out to your intended audience.