When you Create a Custom Report, there are several report types to choose from. Each different report type will help you target the specific data which suits your marketing needs. The Trending Report across Multiple Emails filtered by Field or Tag shows selected metrics for single or multiple mailings segmented using your People data. To create aTrending Report across Multiple Emails filtered by Field or Tag, follow the instructions below:
To Run a Trending Report across Multiple Emails filtered by Field or Tag:
- Go to Reports and click Custom Reports.
- In Custom Reports, click New Report.
- Enter the Report Name and choose your preferred Report Format for viewing the data.
Note: Choosing .pdf, .csv or .xls, as the Report Format will reveal Scheduling and Email Options for your report. (see below).
- Choose the Trending report across multiple emails – filtered by field or tag radio button under Report Type and click Next.
- Select a Folder and choose an option from the Select emails to report on radio buttons. (These are the emails that your report will be based on.)
Note: If you select ‘choose when running the report’ while selecting your Folder, you will not be able to select particular emails, as highlighted above.
- Complete the additional parameter options and click Next.
Report includes – Choose whether your data is displayed in a Grid, Chart or both in your report.
Report numbers – Choose whether your figures are displayed as Actual Values, Percentages or both in your report.
Metrics Selected – Choose the metrics to appear in the grid.
Note: Sent, Delivered, Bounced and Who Opened will be selected by default.
Metrics to chart – Choose the metrics that will appear in the chart.
Note: Sent and Delivered will be selected by default.
Report On – Choose whether to report on a field or tag.
Field to report on/Tags to Report on – Choose which Field or the Tag to filter the report.
Field values selected – If you choose to report on a field, select the field values of the readers to include in your report. For example, if you choose to report on the field Country Name – you may only want to include People that have the country Ireland, United Kingdom or United States as this field value in your reporting figures.
Optional columns – Choose if you’d like to include in your report the additional columns of the selection average and/or distinct figure.
Options – This allows you to make changes when running the report.
- Choose to filter by Saved Search(or not) and click Next.
Filter People – This allows you to run your report on a specific group of readers, excluding those not in your selected saved search. Use the checkbox to enable the filter and then and click Edit Selection to choose a Saved Search.
Note: Checking ‘Allow change when running the report’ check box will enable you to choose, or choose to overwrite, your filters when running your report.
- Review your Custom Report and then click Save. (Alternatively click Save & Run to run the report straight away.)
Note: The Review page is a complete summary of all information entered during the Create a Report Wizard. Review this information carefully to ensure your report accurately targets the data you would like to capture.