When you Create a Custom Report, there are several report types to choose from. Each different report type will help you target the specific data that suits your marketing needs. A Content Popularity Section Report shows metrics for a particular article or section in your Newsletter, on a single or multiple mailings. To create a Content Popularity by Section Report, follow the instructions below:
To Create a Content Popularity by Section Report:
- Go Reports and click Custom Reports.
- In Custom Report, click New Report.
- Enter the Report Name and choose your preferred Report Format for viewing the data.
Note: Choosing .pdf, .csv or .xls, as the Report Format will reveal Scheduling and Email Options for your report allowing to choose when the report runs and to have a copy emailed to an address you choose. (see below).
- Choose the Content Popularity by Section radio button under Report Type and click Next.
- Choose an option from the Select emails to report on radio buttons. (These are the emails that your report will be based on.)
- Complete the additional parameter options and click Next.
Report includes – Choose whether your data is displayed in a Grid, Chart or both in your report.
Report numbers – Choose whether your figures are displayed as Actual Values, Percentages or both in your report.
Metrics Selected – Choose the metrics being reported on.
Sections to chart – Choose the sections of the Email that will be reported on.
Optional rows – Choose if you’d like to include in your report the additional rows of Total and/or Average.
Optional columns – Choose if you’d like to include in your report the additional columns of the selection average and/or distinct figure.
Options – This allows you to make changes when running the report.
- Choose to filter by Saved Search(or not) and click Next.
Filter People – This allows you to run your report on a specific group of readers, excluding those not in your selected saved search. Use the checkbox to enable the filter and then and click Edit Selection to choose a Saved Search.
Note: Checking ‘Allow change when running the report’ check box will enable you to choose, or choose to overwrite, your filters when running your report.
- Review your Custom Report and then click Save. (Alternatively click Save & Run to run the report straight away.)
Note: The Review page is a complete summary of all information entered during the Create a Report process. Review this information carefully to ensure you’re report accurately targets the data you would like to capture.