Cork, Ireland, 31st January, 2012 — Newsweaver, the leading email newsletter software provider today asked email marketers if and how they review the performance of their email marketing campaigns? The question, posed to email marketers using the Newsweaver blog, was asked as statistics show that over 48% of email marketers are still not looking beyond opens and clicks.
As a solution, Newsweaver has issued a top level list of measures email marketers can undertake to improve upon this process. These include:
1. Email marketers need to state what results they want from their mailings. They should also measure conversions to understand if they are getting these results. If they feel the results are very low, they should take a look at their bounce, complaint and unsubscribe rates. Combining these can give insight into whether subscribers are pushing back and treating emails as spam, which in turn impacts delivery.
2. Email marketers should trend their metrics rather than micro-managing issue by issue. Trending can be done using the metric reports from open/clicks collected across more than one issue to get a picture of reader engagement. EG, for a monthly publication look across three issues, for a weekly publication look across two months. Email marketers will most likely find a huge increase in the percentages of engagement due to the fact that most of subscribers don’t open every sent email. They will however have opened at least one out of every three sent.
3. Email marketers need to test to find out what works best for their audience. Don’t every assume the day and time you’ve always been sending is best – test all seven days of the week, and also time of day. Test the subject line, test the offer, etc. You want to keep working on targeting your emails (as in who receives what and when), crafting the offers and working to ensure you use the best subject line to entice and open.
4. It’s important not to focus only on what people did – but also on what they did NOT do. Keep track to find out how many haven’t opened any of your emails over a defined period of time, such as six months. Target this very inactive group with a special offer to see if you can activate their interest.
For more information about Newsweaver please contact email@example.com
Newsweaver is an email marketing software provider that enables more than 1,000 organisations in 26 countries to create, deliver and track meaningful email campaigns. Our customers use our technology to create email campaigns that will give them higher levels of engagement with their audiences than any other system in the industry today. The key benefit experienced by our customers is deeper customer insight. This results in higher levels of revenue and increased customer loyalty. With Newsweaver as an Email Software Partner, organisations can enjoy
- Advanced personalization
- AB Split Testing
- Dynamic Content
- Social Media and CRM integrations
- Microsite Technology which support SEO efforts
- Detailed Reporting
- Activity-based Segmentation