Innovation through Research & Development drives our success. Get the inside track on what we are working on.
Evolving our craft and learning new technologies is part of our DNA. Regular tech talks lets us share that knowledge within our team and beyond.
Our experience building software products ensures that our tech stack improves and matures along with us.
What is it like to be an Engineer at Newsweaver?
Newsweaver is a challenging and rewarding environment. Our team is fun, dynamic, highly motivated (and a little bit obsessed with cake). We encourage everyone to learn and move quickly, adopting new technologies as we need them. Here’s what team members have to say.
Learn more about Software Development at Newsweaver
We use agile methodologies, both Scrum & Kanban. Microservices and DevOps enables us to operate a continuous deployment model. We deploy to our own private cloud, with data centers globally. This means customers can choose where their data is stored.
Languages and Frameworks
Always a work in progress, our tech stack includes:
The Technologies we use:
- Microservices and Services Orientated Architecture.
- Consumer Driven Contracts reduces the risks of changing microservices
- Dropwizard to help us write lean and measurable services
- Graphite with Grafana for monitoring
- Stash/Bamboo for build creation
- Ansible is our automation tool of choice. We automate deployments and pretty much anything we can!
- Docker containers for deployment
- Kubernetes is used for deployment management and replication of images on our servers
- airbnb's SmartStack works for us, for service discovery
- Sonarqube code quality checks
- JaCoCo to fail builds for lack of coverage, issues count or technical debt
Along with company benefits, our development team have unique benefits, including:
So Come And Join Us
Nothing here for you right now? We are growing fast and we want to hire talented people so connect with us - you may be part of our future - careers[at]newsweaver.com We currently hiring for the following positions:
Sorry: We prefer to deal direct so it’s a no to recruitment agencies/consultancies.